Our “Introduction to Parish Health Ministry” course is a self-study manual created to provide a program orientation to those individuals in partnering congregations who are beginning or enhancing a congregational health ministry. The course gives you the basic information and tools needed to begin your program.
- Discuss foundational information of the faith health movement and how to incorporate such a concept in a congregational ministry.
- Identify basic steps to follow when developing a health ministries team in a congregational setting.
- Discuss the assessment process of a faith community through a health ministry program.
- Identify the need for developing a vision statement and mission statement as well as setting goals for a congregational health ministry program.
- Recognize legal issues pertaining to a health ministry program.
- Explain the importance of developing good leadership characteristics needed when working with a health ministry program.
To get more information or to order a copy, contact your regional coordinator.