Deupree House Is A Continuing Care Retirement Community.
Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRCs) offer a full continuum of care. At Deupree House options range from fully independent apartments to independent living with assistance to long-term care or rehabilitation in a state-of-the-art skilled nursing center.
Points To Consider In Choosing A CCRC
- If you are considering a CCRC as a couple, be sure you understand what will happen if one of you needs a higher level of care or if your financial circumstances dramatically change.
- When visiting, spend ample time visiting each part of the community, regardless of your current health. You need to know what is offered in the way of assisted living or nursing care, if needed in the future.
- Ask to see financial reports, licensing and inspection reports and any complaint investigations.
- Meet some residents and staff, stay for a meal or spend the night.
- Ask about staff turnover and longevity.
- Ask if the community is a not-for-profit or for profit and if you will have to leave if your financial resources become depleted.
- Find out if they accept medicare and medicaid in case you might need it in the future.
- Ask what their current occupancy percentage is.