Not All Meals On Wheels Programs Are The Same
Deupree Meals On Wheels is a service from Episcopal Retirement Services, administered in partnership with the Council on Aging of Southwestern Ohio. Here’s what you can expect from Deupree Meals On Wheels:
- Our meals are prepared in our own kitchens.
- Choices are available for both entrees and beverages.
- Our friendly drivers provide personal contact 4 days a week.
- If there is no answer at the door, we make a personal follow-up with designated emergency contacts.
- We make adjustments to our delivery schedules depending on our customer’s needs, such as changing delivery due to medical appointments.
- Our staff and volunteers, most of whom have been with us from 5 to 10 years, provide a familiar face for our customers on a regular basis.
- We provide meals to meet our customer’s dietary needs including but not limited to, diabetic meals, low-sodium, pureed and low-fat.
- We take extraordinary measures when necessary to serve our customers, such as when we provided home-cooked meals during the 5-day power outage caused by the wind storm of 2008.
Donations of any size are welcome so that we can help even more people throughout Greater Cincinnati. Click here to donate to Deupree Meals On Wheels!