Helping our residents, clients and staff through the COVID-19 crisis
The ERS' Emergency Response Fund will support needs that arise as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. The fund will help our residents in Affordable Living, Deupree Meals on Wheels clients, and ERS staff across all divisions who are working tirelessly, at great personal sacrifice, on behalf of those for whom they care. Needs supported by the fund may shift as the situation continues to evolve.
When designating your gift in the form below, please choose the "Emergency Response Fund" designation.
The ERS' Emergency Response Fund supports the following:
- Affordable Living Rent Subsidies - A number of our low-income residents are still employed, at least part-time, and rely upon this income to pay rent and purchase necessities. Support will offset shortcomings resulting from COVID-19 related layoffs.
- Affordable Living Staples - Residents are struggling to access food and personal supplies. We anticipate implementing measures to distribute food and staple boxes.
- Meals on Wheels Staples - Meal service will be modified, but continue. ERS would like to expand services to provide additional personal care items to homebound seniors already lacking connections to the broader community.
- Staff Food Access - When able to get to the grocery, our staff are finding empty shelves and are risking exposure to the COVID-19 virus, which they could transport back into our communities. ERS would like to implement several measures to ease the burden of food access for our staff.
- Staff Child Care Support - The state mandated closing of all schools has presented a significant financial burden for some staff with younger children who are forced to hire additional child care so that they may come to work.
- Staff Emergency Bill Support - Some are being financially impacted due to a loss of a secondary household income or a reduction in their own hours. This may affect their ability to pay rent, utilities, car payments or medical bills.
I recognize that these are uncertain times for you as well. However, I would be remiss if I did not share the dire needs of ERS to provide the emergency relief support for those we care for most. Thank you for helping financially, if you are able, and for any other way you may be able to help including keeping us in your prayers.
Laura R. P. Lamb
President and CEO
From the bottom of our hearts, thank you so very much!